Parents wishing to admit their child should first register him/her for an admission test by paying the non-refundable Registration Fee and completing the Admission Form in the School Office. After which they are given an appointment slip mentioning the date and time for the interview and test.
Registration does not in any way confirm or guarantee admission. Admission is subject to passing the admission test, an interview and the availability of seat.
Test papers are not set from any particular textbook or syllabus but are general in nature designed to assess the attainment level of the child.
Criteria for entry test is as under:-
Grade I – V
Age limit for admission into DHA Junior Schools as on 31st March is as under:
- Grade I - 6+
- Grade II - 7+
- Grade III - 8+
- Grade IV - 9+
- Grade V - 10+
- Applicants for Classes I – IV are required to sit in a written test for three subjects i.e. English, Urdu and Mathematics.
- Applicants for Class V are required to sit in a written test in four subjects i.e. English, Urdu, Mathematics and Science.
- To qualify for admission the overall pass percentage is 50%. It’s mandatory for all candidates to pass in English. Duration of each paper is 30 minutes.
- Applicants should come properly prepared with the required stationery.
Display of Merit List:
After the final approval of result from Director DHAES, the lists of successful candidates are sent to the concerned institution for display. The merit lists are displayed on schools’ notice boards for parents’ information.
Submission of Dues:
- Fee Challan will be issued after the display of merit list.
- Fee must be deposited within three days from the issuance of Fee Challan.
Shuhada’s Wards are offered 100% free education.
Need Based Scholarship:
DHAES provides need based scholarship to the needy and deserving students. A notice is displayed on notice board to apply for the financial aid during the admission process. Financial Aid Committee interviews the student and his/her parents. Keeping in mind the student’s academic performance and his/her family’s financial condition, scholarship is awarded in terms of fee concession as per Committee’s recommendations.
In accordance with the policy, limited seats are reserved on merit for DHA employees. According to the policy children of DHA Employees may apply for admission on merit. Only 10% of the institution’s strength get fee concession.