To educate students to meet their spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual needs and equip them with values, knowledge and skills to meet the demands of the 21st Century.
- To initiate modern terminologies of library management.
- Act as in charge library.
- Maintain complete record of books, magazines, newspapers etc. received / purchased / issued and condemned.
- Prepare and make entries in the library cards.
- Report to the office any damage to the books.
- Not permit anyone to write on books or tear any page from the library books.
- Guide students in selection of books.
- Observe the students when they are reading in the library.
- Tell the students to return the books on the due date so that others would have a chance to read them.
- Help students in making notes by taking the help of the library books.
- Check students if required when they are leaving the library.
- Maintain the library in a presentable condition providing congenial atmosphere to users.
- Ensure that library is kept neat and clean and maintain discipline in the library.
- Be responsible for library’s furniture and equipment.
- Ensure that the library is in order before closing of School / College.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Principal.
Activities Performed at Irregular/ Periodic Intervals
- Keep the library stock register in proper order including those for condemnation or lost.
- Classify books according to an approved system.
- Arrange procurement / availability of the approved books, magazines and newspapers.
- Catalogue all the books in the library.
- Maintain issue and entry register.
- Arrange annual audit of the library at the end of each financial year.
- Issue books to students and teachers and ensure their safe and timely retrieval.
- Convey / exhibit the library rules and ethics to all users.
- Maintain collection of news papers clippings.
- Carry out maintenance of library soft boards.
Competencies / job specification
- At least 5 Years
- MS Office
- 7 Years
Should be able to train, appraise, coach and counsel subordinates as and when required. Following is expected: –
- To supervise the books / students in the library
- Others. MOD / Invigilation duty.